The Seminary Student Store
The Seminary Student Store, the Athenaeum's bookstore, is operated by the seminarians of Mount St. Mary's of the West. It provides texts at reasonable prices for all students enrolled at The Athenaeum of Ohio and visitors. The store also provides special order titles for individuals or groups at discounted prices. Call the store at 231-3386 for additional information.
Besides providing texts for all classes and a wide selection of other Catholic titles, the student store also offers other items at discounted prices:
- Specialty stationery
- Religious artwork
- Clerical wear
- Spirit wear
- School supplies
Students and visitors are invited to shop at the store during the regular business hours listed below or to call for an appointment.
THE SEMINARY STUDENT STORE
6616 Beechmont Avenue
Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
HoursMonday, Tuesday, Thursday: 12:15 - 12:40 p.m.; 6:30-8:25 p.m.
Saturday: 9-11 a.m.; 12:15-12:45 p.m.
Wednesday, Friday, Sunday: Closed
- Texts for Courses Policy: Texts for all courses -- excluding pastoral counseling -- texts are ordered and stocked by the student store. All registered students may obtain needed texts at the store for classes on the first day. Students, who register late, may not be able to obtain required texts when classes begin. The store will have ordered texts for registered students. Out-of-print texts are not ordered.
- Return Policy: The student store provides a 14-day return policy. All items returned must be accompanied by the store receipt and must be returned within 14 days of purchase and items be in the original condition.
- Return Check Fee: The student store assesses a $25 fee on all returned checks to cover bank fees and other associated costs.
- Special Order Policy: The student store accepts special orders. While prices of special order items are not guaranteed, the cost usually is below the suggested retail price. Items purchased in larger quantities normally result in a larger discounts. All special order items must be prepaid. All texts for pastoral counseling courses are deemed special order (see the pastoral counseling text policy below). For additional information about special orders, please call the store at 513-231-3386.
- Policy for Pastoral Counseling Texts: The store is able to order pastoral counseling texts which are generally very expensive. Because of the cost involved, students must order the texts with the expectation that they purchase them. Students are welcome to order the texts elsewhere. Should you wish to order through the student store, please call 513-231-2286 or e-mail email@example.com providing name, phone number, e-mail address, the course name, and the number of texts being ordered. In general, orders must be placed well in advance of the start of classes. Call for more information.
- The Seminary Student Store is not subsidized by the institution but is a self-supporting venture operated by seminarians. Therefore, significant financial difficulties are created when all textbooks ordered for a course are not purchased. Generally, such texts may not be returned to the publisher for refund and the store incurs the loss of any money paid for them. The store is a very small operation with little margin for financial error.
Pastoral Counseling - Required Texts for Spring 2012 Quarter
PASTORAL COUNSELING II (Prendergast)
|PA 402||Texts Not Yet Submitted|
APPRAISAL OF THE INDIVIDUAL I (Gates)
|PA 410||Tests and Assessment, 4th edition by W. Bruce Walsh & Nancy E. Betz. ISBN 978-0130959478|
PASTORAL COUNSELING INTERNSHIP (Prendergast)
The Role of Religion in Marriage & Family Counseling by Jill Onedera. ISBN 978-041-595-4990
INTEGRATING SPIRITUALITY INTO ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT PLANNING (O'Connor)
Spiritually Integrated Psychotherapy: Understanding and Addressing the Sacred by Kenneth Paragament. ISBN 978-1609189938
A Theology of Pastoral Psychotherapy: God's Play in Sacred Spaces by Brian Grant and Richard L. Dayringer. ISBN 978-0789012012
COUPLE AND FAMILY COUNSELING (Gutting)
|PA 412||Texts Not Yet Submitted|
COUNSELOR SUPERVISION (Donnenwirth)
Fundamentals of Clinical Supervision, 4th edition by Janine M. Bernard and Rodney K. Goodyear. Allyn and Bacon, 2004, 1998, 1992, 2009. ISBN 978-0-205-59178-7
The Supervisory Encounter: A Guide for Teachers of Psychodynamic Psychotherapy and Psychoanalysis by Daniel Jacobs, MD, Paul David,MD and Donald J. Meyer, MD. Yale University Press, 1995. ISBN 0-300-07277-5