Home Preaching Students Faculty Alumni Make A Gift Payments Contact Us Search

Educational Effectiveness


The Athenaeum of Ohio has identified three learning outcomes for each of the following two master’s degree programs:


Master of Divinity (MDiv)

Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry (MAPM)

It has identified two learning outcomes for each of the following three master’s degree programs:


Master of Arts in Biblical Studies (MAB)

Master of Arts in Catholic Studies (MACS)

Master of Arts in Theology (MAT)

These learning outcomes derive from the goals of their respective degree programs.  The learning outcomes for MDiv and MAPM include the ability to engage in the practice of ministry and to integrate theology with ministry.  The learning outcomes for MAB, MACS and MAT include the ability to do master’s level research.

Achievement of each of these outcomes is regularly assessed using multiple strategies that include both direct and indirect measures of student learning.  Since the inception of this formal assessment program, there have been few occasions when the results of an assessment strategy fell below the benchmark established by the faculty.  Thus, this assessment program indicates that Athenaeum degree programs produce their intended outcomes, and that they are educationally effective.

All graduates of the Athenaeum's MDiv program are sponsored by a Roman Catholic diocese and are placed upon ordination.  60% of the recent graduates of other Athenaeum degree programs serve as staff members of Roman Catholic parishes or other organizations.  The remaining 40%, who earned degrees for personal enrichment rather than employment, serve as high level volunteers in their parishes.

More information about the Athenaeum academic assessment program is available from Mr. Nicholas Jobe, Registrar and Director of Assessment.


Directions| News| Events| Site Map| Vocations| Archdiocese Of Cincinnati| Other Dioceses| USCCB| Vatican