Athenaeum of Ohio Employment Opportunities
Position in New Testament Studies
The Athenaeum of Ohio forms men and women to follow Christ faithfully and serve His mission by fulfilling their vocations in the Church. Through its three divisions (Mt. St. Mary’s Seminary of the West, the Lay Pastoral Ministry Program and Special Studies Division) it prepares men for the Roman Catholic priesthood and men and women for various roles in the Church. The student body presents a wide spectrum in terms of age, educational background and vocational goals. These range from priesthood to lay ecclesial ministry and from teaching to personal enrichment. Academic performance and professional achievement are required, but equal weight is placed on pastoral, human and spiritual formation. There is a substantial formation program for priesthood candidates and integrated formational activities for other students.
The requirements for this position are:
1. Faithfulness to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, including a willingness to make the Profession of Faith; to take the Oath of Fidelity; and to seek the mandatum from the Archbishop of Cincinnati.
2. SSL, SSD, STD (Biblical Theology) or PhD.
3. Demonstrated competency in the area of New Testament Studies and ancient languages.
4. Commitment to effective teaching, including utilization of technology; willingness to teach introductory courses; and supervision of student theses and projects in ministry.
5. Ability to work in a collegial setting and in a manner supportive of the formational goals, programs and personnel of the divisions of the Athenaeum.
6. Carrying out assigned administrative tasks and taking an active part in Athenaeum faculty meetings and committees.
7. Publication and participation in professional societies and conferences.
Salary and rank are negotiable.
Send applications, resume and three letters of recommendation to: Reverend Earl Fernandes, Dean, The Athenaeum of Ohio, 6616 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45230 or email: email@example.com.
Mount Saint Mary's Seminary is now hiring a cook(s) for a full and/or part-time position, primarily for evenings and weekends. Competitive salary and benefits.
Previous experience preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume with salary expectations to Mike Wulker, Director of Food Service, 6616 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio 45230 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Advancement Department Associate
The Athenaeum of Ohio/Mount St. Mary's Seminary is seeking an Advancement Department Associate. Areas of responsibility include gift recording, data entry, administrative support to the department, volunteer management and event coordination.
Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and team building skills are a must. Proficiency in Raiser's Edge or similar fund development software is required. The ability to perform mail merges, reports, queries and exports is expected. A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Power Point is also essential.
This position is an important part of the Advancement Department's operation which is responsible for raising funds and awareness to advance the mission of The Athenaeum of Ohio. Having a passion for the Church is a trait shared within our team. Our work leaves a lasting impact throughout the Archdiocese for generations to come.
Excellent work environment, salary plus benefits. EOE
Please send or email cover letter, resume including salary requirements by September 28, 2015 to:
Director of Advancement
The Athenaeum of Ohio
6616 Beechmont Ave.
Cincinnati, Ohio 45230
Job openings for the Archdiocese of Cincinnati are posted on the Personnel Office page at their web site.