To be considered for general admission to the School of Theology, applicants must submit each of the following:
- the School of Theology Application – $0 application fee!
- use the Academic Programs application for Certificate in Catholic Theology, Graduate Certificate in Catholic Theology, Master of Arts in Biblical Studies, Master of Arts in Catholic Studies, and Master of Arts in Theology
- use the Lay Ecclesial Formation application for Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, and Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry
- prior college transcripts, if any
- send official transcript copies to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the Office of Admissions (6616 Beechmont Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45230)
- 3.0 cumulative GPA required for admission to School of Theology Graduate Programs
- High School Diploma or GED required for School of Theology Certificate Programs
Lay Ecclesial Formation
Those applying for admission to formation programs – the Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, the Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Ministry, or the Master of Arts, Pastoral Ministry (MAPM) – must also complete the following:
- interview with the Dean of the School of Theology
- submission of a spiritual autobiography
- recommendation of canonical pastor
- 2 letters of recommendation
You should have received an email from Populi with a link to continue your saved application. If you did not receive this email or have trouble locating it, contact the Registrar.
The Admissions & Degrees Committee meets to review submitted applications a few times each year. Applicants will be notified of admissions decisions after the Admissions & Degrees Committee reviews and votes on each application.
Students who chose to audit a class can attend and participate in the class, while not receiving credit or being required to do most assignments that would contribute to a grade report.
No, students can take any of our classes in a lay student program without being enrolled to complete a program or degree.
You can find out more about our financial aid options here under the ‘Financial Aid & Scholarships’ tab.
Early Registration for Fall Semester runs from the first business day after April 30 to the start of Open Registration in July.
Early Registration for Spring Semester runs from the business day after August 31 to the start of Open Registration in November.
Open Registration for Fall Semester runs from the first business day after July 4 until the close of business Wednesday two weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Open Registration for Spring Semester runs from the first business day after November 1 until the close of business on the last Friday of Fall Semester.
If July 4 or November 1 falls on a Wednesday or Thursday, then Open Registration will begin on the following Monday. These dates are clearly published in the academic calendar each year.
Late Registration begins immediately upon the close of Open Registration, and closes at the end of the last business day before the start of the semester.
Students wishing to register for a class after the close of Late Registration must contact the Registrar directly, and tuition will be due in full at the time of registration. No registrations will be accepted for any course which has already begun without the written approval of the instructor.
You can visit here under the ‘Course Offerings’ tab, where you can find our semester courses in both a weekly schedule format and a list by program.
All course descriptions are published in our Catalog – see the table of contents for page numbers.
If registration is currently open, then you can also find course descriptions for upcoming courses in the Registration menu on Populi.
The section identifier helps distinguish between multiple offerings of the same course within a given semester.
The following section identifiers are the most common:
1 – default
H – hybrid
M – Main Campus
N – North Satellite
WEB – Online
Unofficial copies of your transcript can be downloaded from your Populi profile. If you need a profile, contact the Registrar.
Official copies of your transcript, which are usually needed for admission to another school (for example), must be requested using our transcript request form. Visit our Registrar page for more detailed information. Official transcripts are $5 per copy.
You can get an Enrollment Verification from your Populi profile.
In Populi, navigate to “My Profile” and then click on the “Student” menu. Next, click “Print Enrollment Verification” and select the appropriate options. Click “Print” and the letter will open in a new window.
If you require more information than is included on the standard Enrollment Verification, contact the Registrar.